Monday, January 14, 2013

Audience participation time!


Big non-book decision time, you guys.

Since I started this blog I’ve been trying to figure out whether I should do that thing where I can sell ad space on it through Blogger. My artistic/commercial instincts don’t war with each other so much as fluctuate in importance according to my level of employment; ever since I settled into a good full-timer I haven’t looked into it like I intended to.   

But I want to start initiating a couple things that will get me a little more money by doing absolutely nothing once I get them settled (finding a better interest rate for my savings account, putting tasteful ads on a blog I’d do anyway…um…), so here’s where you help me by telling me if you’d still read my blog if it had an ad on the bottom of each post:
  • Yes!
  • No!
  • Who cares! Not I!

Also, my 2013 New Year’s resolution is really just “read all the books in the original pile that I started recording 18 months ago before the 2-year mark of this blog.” My progress has been extraordinarily slow on that, but I counted, and on the original pile that doesn’t include any books I’ve since borrowed and haven’t yet read or since bought and haven’t yet read, there are four left.

FOUR.

And what makes me even happier is I’ve still got a bajillion and seven lined up after these, so I can totally feel accomplished while still having plenty left to read. There really is no such thing as too many books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment